Sunday, August 21, 2011

One day at a time.....

As I put the kids into bed tonight I realize tomorrow is going to be a hard day for me. Adam will be in the 4th grade and Alayna will be in 1st grade. I feel like I did when Adam had his first day of kindergarten, I'm scared and worried about he is going to do. Both Adam and Alayna are excited to go back to school but this mama isn't. We had a good last weekend of summer vacation. Friday we went to lunch with LeeAnn at Johnny Carino's and Adam ate a big piece of lasagna. Then we went to the fire station where the kids got a tour and they even got to ride in the firetruck and spray the hose. It was a neat experience for all of us. We then went and got ice cream. Saturday we didn't do much until the evening we went to church for our fellowship and the kids went to childcare they played, ate pizza and watched a movie. Yesterday and today Adam has been exhausted and not himself. It breaks my heart to see him this way because I know thats not my son. We went to church tonight and Adam played dodgeball in the gym, him and Josh won!! As we got home tonight he was really tired he wanted a bath and wanted to go to bed.
I think nevermind I know this will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do. Like I said we are taking this one day at a time and living everyday happy. I thank the Lord everyday for my children and for Rollo. I lose count on how many times Adam says "I love you" to me, Rollo and Alayna! Adam knows that he is loved so much and that there is nothing that me and Rollo wont do for him. I wish that Wednesday would hurry up and get here so that way Adam can get his wheelchair and I will be more at ease with him going to school. As tomorrow comes I pray for all the children, parents and teachers as the kids head to their first day back to school! I will update the blog hopefully every night if not every other night. Thank you all and God Bless!!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about your sweet boy and knowing that he will enjoy each day he has at school. Thankful that you have the wheelchair coming and I assume he will have an aid at school. Continue to share on this blog, and we will continue to support and pray for all of you, Evan's mom Gina

    ReplyDelete